Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1080 Graphic Card
Jake  Zola  need help guys 
Huh Where is the best place to buy  a graphic card for a i5 tower game pc
(07-24-2017, 07:07 PM)bazz Wrote: Jake  Zola  need help guys 

Bazz try scan.co. uk might be worth a look. I'll look for more that I've got saved when  I spark up computer.
(07-25-2017, 09:39 AM)manudave Wrote:
(07-24-2017, 07:07 PM)bazz Wrote: Jake  Zola  need help guys 

Bazz try https://www.scan.co.uk/  might be worth a look. I'll look for more that I've got saved when  I spark up computer.

some more http://www.ebuyer.com/  https://www.eclipsecomputers.com/  https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ 
This used to be Dabs computers but was taken over by BT  https://www.shop.bt.com/?utm_source=dabs...paign=auto
Ive not used a lot of them for years so dont know how good they still are. Theres only scan that Ive used within the last 3 years hope this helps. I think Jakes the man you need though.
Thanks Dave ,i'll have a look
Hi Bazz, Jakes the better person to ask but if your just wanting to replace a graphics card I'd look at ebuyer as Dave posted. You can get tech help on the website and they will let you know the best card for your build and your money. So you know it'll fit into your system and they don't just go for the dearest one.
Unless Jake knows of a subsidised place, you wont get much better value (in my opinion).
Hi Bazz what i5 is it , a gtx 1080 could be a bit overkill as it's an i5. Probably better to go for a GTX 1070. What sort of gaming do you do as in your monitor, 1080 , 1440p or 4k? I can have a look about for a good deal. Scan and ebuyer are good as I got my gtx 1070 from Scan on a today only deal, they do come up cheaper on there sometimes.
The other consideration is the case size, I have had to "modify (hack pieces out lol)" to get the newish graphics cards to fit as they are huge and many overlook having a decent 600w at least power supply to run it.
What's your specs mate, you have probably told me before lol.
Zola Thanks mate 

Jake it's the boys pc he uses Steam mostly i think lol

This is all thats on the pc receipt [Just found the receipt] i'll give them a phone tomorrow and see what they advise and get back to yous 
SKU
4460-960-vr7       PC is AWD-IT  Vantage[case] i5 4460 GTX 960  16GB  1T  
16gb

Thanks guys. Bazz
(07-25-2017, 07:29 PM)bazz Wrote: Zola Thanks mate 

Jake it's the boys pc he uses Steam mostly i think lol

This is all thats on the pc receipt [Just found the receipt] i'll give them a phone tomorrow and see what they advise and get back to yous 
SKU
4460-960-vr7       PC is AWD-IT  Vantage[case] i5 4460 GTX 960  16GB  1T  
16gb

Thanks guys. Bazz

Good company AWD-IT bought lots of bits from them. It's an i5 4460 so a good cpu but geeting old , the GTX 960 is old now and struggles on some modern games.
I really wouldn't jump in with a 1080 £400-£500 graphics card as I think you will get what they call bottlenecking where the cpu and other factors can't handle the power of the graphics card.

I think a graphics card upgrade will be fine but it comes down to what monitor you have. I am guessing it's an older monitor so only 1080 gaming so a GTX 1070 maybe the answer.
However it will again depend on that power supply if it can handle it, being that it was built by AWD-IT it should be fine but I think you are wise giving them a phone. Really helpful knowledgable guys and down to earth. To be honest will be hard pressed to find a cheaper graphics card too.
Jake....Gave them a phone not sure the guy i spoke to was clued up enough ,He said yes a 1080 would work and fit ok 
The pc power supply is 600w  
I was not convinced as he sounded more like sales than techy £500+ is a lot for us to shell out Not being convinced it wont fry his pc 
Son spoke to a few   gamers and agree with you he would be better with a better cpu first before taking a chance with the 1080 card 
Think he will go for a less powerfull card ,Glad i asked for your advice better to be dissapointed the now rather than a fecked pc down the line 
Thanks for you time and info mate it was well appreciated
(07-27-2017, 07:50 PM)bazz Wrote: Jake....Gave them a phone not sure the guy i spoke to was clued up enough ,He said yes a 1080 would work and fit ok 
The pc power supply is 600w  
I was not convinced as he sounded more like sales than techy £500+ is a lot for us to shell out Not being convinced it wont fry his pc 
Son spoke to a few   gamers and agree with you he would be better with a better cpu first before taking a chance with the 1080 card 
Think he will go for a less powerfull card ,Glad i asked for your advice better to be dissapointed the now rather than a fecked pc down the line 
Thanks for you time and info mate it was well appreciated

No problem mate that was dissapointing to only get a sales guy, the guys I have spoke to are support but that's because there was a problem with an overclocked mobo and cpu I got. Five minute call and all sorted but guess I got lucky.
The new amd Vega cards are almost released (literaly days away) and I would hold off for that as the nvidia cards will drop in price and the vega cards may give some good competition to the gtx 1070/1080.