Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tottenham
Madrid 1 Tottenham 1.  Tottenham could have won this game very unlucky
(10-17-2017, 08:53 PM)manudave Wrote: Madrid 1 Tottenham 1.  Tottenham could have won this game very unlucky

yes dave..first 15 minutes aside, I thought we played with impressive maturity and were very smart. Understood the moments of the game and adapted accordingly well. Poch came in with a clear plan and the lads executed it well. It was an impressive performance when you consider our age and inexperience. Just last season we were getting beat at home by Monaco. We look ready this year, and we'll be a tough opponent for anyone this year. It may be a big ask but i can see us getting to the Q/F's for sure..
Was a bit down after the 2 1 loss but your result against Liverpool cheered me up LoL
hard luck H H going down 1-0 to manchester united you just ran out of luck in the 81st min against a quick break away move by man u chances wasted by both teams to, you really missed Harry Kane.
(10-29-2017, 12:40 PM)Greenman Wrote: hard luck H H going down 1-0 to manchester united you just ran out of luck in the 81st min against a quick brack away move by man u chances wasted by both teams to, you really missed Harry Kane.

Luck had nothing to do with it GM...2 Good teams went toe 2 toe at each other and both had chances to win it, Yanited took theirs.

As soon as the ball came off of Lulu's head i knew it was in...Surprised Poch didn't play Sanchez in the middle of the back as his speed may have caught Martial, Dier is too slow to play there IMHO. Not too disappointed as the performance was decent, we have to dust ourselves off and pick ourselves up for Madrid on Wednesday!!!

COYS!!!
(10-30-2017, 04:41 AM)Harry Hotspur Wrote: Luck had nothing to do with it GM...2 Good teams went toe 2 toe at each other and both had chances to win it, Yanited took theirs.

As soon as the ball came off of Lulu's head i knew it was in...Surprised Poch didn't play Sanchez in the middle of the back as his speed may have caught Martial, Dier is too slow to play there IMHO. Not too disappointed as the performance was decent, we have to dust ourselves off and pick ourselves up for Madrid on Wednesday!!!

COYS!!!

I agree totally about Dier as part of a back three. I've been saying that since last season, too many small mistakes and mis-readings of the game. Play him as a defensive mid-fielder just in front of a back four, the two Belgian colossi (colosses?  Smile ) can cover his mistakes. As well as that, he then provides defensive cover when the full backs bomb forward and join in the attack.

Having said all that, we got away with him in a back three against the footballing wing of the Marca newspaper. Smile I'd be happy with a draw on Wednesday but I hope the team don't go out with that attitude.
Well played spurs Madrid was shit in defence you could have scored a lot more goals against them tonight. Thats made the rest of Europe think twice about playing you
Agreed Dave + the rest of the UK teams who did well in their efforts in Europe, well played lads.
(11-02-2017, 09:30 AM)manudave Wrote: Well played spurs Madrid was shit in defence you could have scored a lot more goals against them tonight. Thats made the rest of Europe think twice about playing you

Weren't bad was it Dave... 

I do think we made them look BAD!, our high line completely unsettled them in the opening 20 minutes and they couldn't cope with it, even Ramos was all over the place.

And there was I thinking we'd come 3rd in this group of death....So happy they proved me wrong. I feel the performance in the Bernabeu has changed our mentality into now believing we can have it with the best in Europe....Our confidence is sky high and even players ( Tripps, Davies ) who I previously thought were average, are playing at another level..

Can't wait for the NLD in 2 weeks!!!

Joy
Can't wait for the next one, eh Harry?